Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Flt rigging

3 posts in this topic

Posted

I've have my KFIII 912ul up and flying and have some questions about getting it rigged correctly. It will fly pretty much hands off straight and level. It turns to the right very nice. Turning left is another story. I know I'm fighting the torque as well as the adverse yaw but I have a job keeping the ball anywhere close to center. Is this just normal with an airplane as neutrally stable as the KFIII or can I adjust some of this out. All and all I really like the thing, it really performs.

thanks,

EG

Posted

I've have my KFIII 912ul up and flying and have some questions about getting it rigged correctly. It will fly pretty much hands off straight and level. It turns to the right very nice. Turning left is another story. I know I'm fighting the torque as well as the adverse yaw but I have a job keeping the ball anywhere close to center. Is this just normal with an airplane as neutrally stable as the KFIII or can I adjust some of this out. All and all I really like the thing, it really performs.

thanks,

EG

My Skyraider has pretty much the same wing as a Kitfox 3 only with flaps instead of flaperons.It has a 582 so it torques to the right.I have about 7 hours on it now and Im just starting to get used to the P factor and everything else that goes with these light airplanes.I noticed on my plane that if I lead with rudder and then feed in aileron it is much more of a coordinated turn.If you bank into a turn with aileron first and then try to center the ball you end up into a steep bank.You definately feel it in your butt when its not right,I dont watch the ball near as much and that seems to help also.Im not a high time pilot so someone else can chime in on this one.Good Luck. Randy

Posted

Every rudder airplane I've flown turned better one direction than the other. Your doing pretty good with your rigging if it'll fly hands off.