Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Stace in a very bad accident

3 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

From a friend on another forum....

Some news....not good.

I just found out that on Dec 14, Stace Schrader and his wife had a serious vehicle accident. It was reported to me that while towing a trailer used to deliver plane kits, he blacked out, went over the side of the roadway at a bridge and dropped 40 ft straight down. One side of his ribs are broken (at least) and his wife's back is broken, among other very serious issues.

Obviously, this will be a life altering time of hardship and recovery, more important than any plane kit or new build. Please join me in prayers for their recovery.

After Stace left my place .........

A little of what has been transpiring since we last chatted. On 14 December Stace and his wife, Dorenna, delivered my kit to me. After we unloaded the parcel, we all went inside to take care of some paperwork. I also had agreed to pay for the delivery as he delivered 2 kits on the east coast. After a while it was getting late in the evening and I had to work the next day as well. They left for the Biltmore Estates in Asheville before heading back home , I was told.

The next few days as I unpacked and inspected all the items, I had welds that were unfinished and the wing spars were unusable. They are replaced. I have finished welding the fusalage and made a couple mods. Now being almost ready to give up on contact with him at all....I just paid for the parts and pushed ahead thinking that this is just how it was going to be. I had called and e-mailed on a daily basis right up to the 25th of December, we celebrated the birth of Our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

Low and behold, after coming to grips that I am liable for any additional costs that may be incurred to finish the plane, I get a message on my phone 29 December. It was Stace. He said that they had been in a horrible accident about 1.5 hours after leaving my house !!!! Yikes !!!! His wife is still in ICU here in NC. They have lived at the hospital for all this time! I had no clue....now I feel REALLY BAD for trying to get hold of him all the time just to see how we can work this out with the kit. I have tried a couple of times to call the room.....but no answer. Just wanted to see if I could help out in any way since I was close to them....their home being some 2300 miles away. Any way just wanted to let you know what was transpiring on my end here. Stace said he was getting better and his wife was " Over the hill" on the way to a good recovery. That is all I know at this point. I will keep you informed as I get news.

God bless......keep us all in your prayers......Mike

They are still in NC (where the accident happened) and have been living at the hospital since the accident Dec 14. Stace is presently looking for some kind of goodwill, mercy flight for his wife to get back to Nampa to continue her recovery at home.

post-341-13252456290675_thumb.jpg

post-341-13252456392375_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tree top pilot

Posted

Oh man, that looks like a pretty horrific crash! Those injuries sound like it may be a long and difficult recovery for them both, I certainly do hope the Good Lord heals them quickly and fully. Safe to say we know why your calls and emails have gone unanswered now.

Posted

Wow, That does not look like a wreck that anyone would walk away from! Someone had a hand in the cab keeping them alive!

:BC: < to a speedy and complete recovery