Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

F 7A for flaperon mixer

23 posts in this topic

Posted

Im looking for some good pictures of the F-7A bell crank. Possibly some drawings w measurements would be great as well if anyone has them. Im working on a Model B-C and want to convert it to the cable controls to open up my cargo bay. I feel pretty confident fabricating these pieces myself if i can get some good info to do it. also pics/info for the front bell crank would nice as well

Robert

Posted

I put several pics of the under seat mixer and related belcranks in the Avid Plus forum, just search thru the threads.

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the info. So after looking at several different photos and comparing them to my build manual it appears as though i can use my original front bell crank F5 and the pivot arm F1 (gets relocated and tipped over) is this correct? if so I think im golden there but could still use some measurements for the F-7A rear bell cranks. Looking at the picures i think i could cut off the inside legs of my original F7 's and weld on a new leg at the new angle and add a gusset to strengthen it all back up. what is the angle i need and what is the measurements from each hole center to the next and from end hole center to opposite end hole center.

Robert

Edited by High Country

Posted

I'm pretty sure these were posted onsite somewhere, did you search "F7a"?

post-53-13254779347382_thumb.jpeg

post-53-13254779352647_thumb.jpeg

post-53-13254779358111_thumb.jpg

Posted

Yes ive already seen these pictures what im trying to find out is the measurement from hole center to hole center for all three holes especially the two end holes. I just picked up some 1/2" chromoly .065 to fab up the new mount under the left seat so i hope to get that all installed soon, I just need to know what to do about making those darn F-7A's

Thanks Robert

Posted

Mine are gone with the plane. However, if you already have the F37 and F7 parts and know their length from the measure in the pic, you should be able to extrapolate from that info and make new pieces. The *exact* hole to hole measure or angle shouldn't be all-critical. That's what the threaded ends are for, eh?

:2cent:

Posted

If I remember correctly, the F7A pieces were pretty damn cheap and were not worth my time making them. A quick call to Airdale should get you a price but I am pretty sure that is was well under 100 bucks when I got them for my plane.

Posted

^^^ NO NO NO, that would be too easy! :hammerhead:

Posted (edited)

^^^ NO NO NO, that would be too easy! :hammerhead:

:nutkick: on you, Doug!

Brett gets $85 for the pair of these and he has them in stock on the shelf.

Edited by Av8r3400

Posted

nutkick.gif on you, Doug!

Brett gets $85 for the pair of these and he has them in stock on the shelf.

Damn am I glad to see that my memory has not failed me! After I posted that I got to thinking about it.. Real hard... As the beads of sweat began to break out on my forehead I started hoping that the under a 100 bucks price was not for something else I had ordered around the same time frame smilielol.gif

BC.gif

Posted (edited)

I was just up at Brett's today and asked him about these...

(on the new skis)

post-36-13260005007371_thumb.jpg

Edited by Av8r3400

Posted

Well, I've been trying to discourage business. At least until he gets my order done. Looks like I sent those wing tips back just in time, hehe!

BTW.... nice pic!

Posted

Well, I've been trying to discourage business. At least until he gets my order done. Looks like I sent those wing tips back just in time, hehe!

BTW.... nice pic!

Good plan :lol: I always thought my order was the most important one that he ever recieved too. Funny how that works :lmao:

:BC:

Posted

See, you guys are both wrong. He's been working on my stuff... :tumbleweed:

Posted

See, you guys are both wrong. He's been working on my stuff... tumbleweed.gif

nutkick.gifnutkick.gifnutkick.gifbrown_noser.gifbanghead.gifbiggun.giflmao.gif

BC.gif

Posted

You guys have been around long enough to know that it's not what you know, it's who you know...

:french11:

Posted

Actually, I saw him hit up my credit card a few days ago. I'm just glad he got to my stuff before GFlyers Avid showed up. Now THAT is gonna take some time to buff out! :o

post-53-13260491654827_thumb.jpg

post-53-13260491661173_thumb.jpg

post-53-13260491668111_thumb.jpg

Posted

Yeah, I saw that one in the welding jig right now. What a mess...

Brett does have nearly all of the steel replaced on the overhead already.

Posted

Yikes! I dont like the way that X brace in the roof collapsed! That looks like it left a mark... Anyone have the scoop on how dis happened :dunno:

Posted

You guys have been around long enough to know that it's not what you know, it's who you bl??...

frech11.gif

stirthepot.gif Fixed for accuracy, with some restraint... you can figure it out I am sure :lol:

Posted

Sorry Leni, I don't swing that way.

91507484117100152794.jpg

I know up there in your neck of the woods where men are men and so are the women, that may be an option...

Up there where you don't loose your girlfriend, you just loose your turn...

Doug can confirm or deny this but I believe that plane had an accident while being towed on a trailer.

Posted

Yikes! I dont like the way that X brace in the roof collapsed! That looks like it left a mark... Anyone have the scoop on how dis happened :dunno:

Trailering Avid backwards > wing hold back support brace came loose > wing flopped open > Who put that ditch road sign there :dunno: > :(

Posted

Sorry Leni, I don't swing that way.

I know up there in your neck of the woods where men are men and so are the women, that may be an option...

Up there where you don't loose your girlfriend, you just loose your turn...

Doug can confirm or deny this but I believe that plane had an accident while being towed on a trailer.

Ohoh, does this mean the price of the landing gear parts just went up cause I am a smart ass :lmao:

smilielol.gif on the bold....lots of truth to that one!

BC.gif

Trailering Avid backwards > wing hold back support brace came loose > wing flopped open > Who put that ditch road sign there dunno.gif > sad.gif

Damnit! I tie my flaperons together just in case the safety clip falls off and the nut falls off and I happen to hit a bump just right and the bolt works its way out the top side... That was one expensive bolt!!

BC.gif